Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gladys

Default Merge Signatures .tif

Is there a way to merge signatures into a word document?

We have a document that includes 400 separate pages that need the same two
signatures on every page. And maybe merging isn't the answer.

Your suggestions are needed

Thanks

I am using Word 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard

You could use the footer. That's assuming the signatures need placing at the
same position on every page. Make a back up copy of the document and try
inserting one of the signatures where you need it then copy and paste it into
the footer
--
Richard

"Gladys" wrote:

Is there a way to merge signatures into a word document?

We have a document that includes 400 separate pages that need the same two
signatures on every page. And maybe merging isn't the answer.

Your suggestions are needed

Thanks

I am using Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gladys

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the suggestion, but the signature is in a table - the table may
expand based on the information - so it will not be in the same place on
every page.

Thanks again

"Gladys" wrote:

Is there a way to merge signatures into a word document?

We have a document that includes 400 separate pages that need the same two
signatures on every page. And maybe merging isn't the answer.

Your suggestions are needed

Thanks

I am using Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard

Hi Gladys

If there is a line of text the signature follows or preceeds eg Yours
sincerely, then a macro could be used to 1. find the text 2. tab to where you
want the signature then 3. insert the signature.
--
Richard

"Gladys" wrote:

Is there a way to merge signatures into a word document?

We have a document that includes 400 separate pages that need the same two
signatures on every page. And maybe merging isn't the answer.

Your suggestions are needed

Thanks

I am using Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gladys

That is sort of what I am doing now. But I was hoping there was a one step
method or a quicker way for 400 pages.

Do you know if you can find and replace and replace with signature "tif" file?

Thanks again,
Gladys