Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Phil Raidt Phil Raidt is offline

Default Unable to retain Address Block Match Field changes

I am trying to print envelopes and letters from Access 2002. I have a merge
document configured - Testenvelope.doc. I need to add two fields to the
address that is currently being printed. When I go into Edit Address Block
the preview window shows an example of the address style that I want to use.
I click Match Fields and set two currently unmatched fields - Courtesy Title
to my NamePrefix field and Company to Org. After clicking OK, OK, I go back
in and check and my changes are still there. I save the document and exit
Word. Back in Access I click my command button to print the envelope. Word
starts and shows my Testenvelope.doc and then starts another instance of Word
with FormLetter1.doc showing my envelope with the fields from my designated
Access record but without the two fields that I assigned with Match Fields.
I go back into Edit Address Block Match Fields and the changes I made are
not there. One curious thing is that sometimes, but not always, when Word
starts from Access it will briefly flash the address the way I want it and
then go on with the process I described. Can anyone explain why my changes
are not retained and what I can do about it? Thanks for any help you can
offer.

Phil Raidt
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Forget all about the AddressBlock field and use the individual address
fields assembled in the manner that you want them to appear.
You may find http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm
useful for general merge information.