Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lap_User Lap_User is offline

Default Cursor jumps to different lines for no reason while typing

When I type in Word or Outlook 2007 or even this Internet Explorer form on my
laptop, my cursor jumps to different lines or another part of the same line
for no reason as I type and it is quite the pain. Any idea what causes this?
I have Office Professional 2007 with Windows Vista. Is this the operating
system or Office 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unlike most people who report this problem, you actually admit you're
using a laptop! The problem is often an over-sensitive touchpad: see
if you can turn it off when a mouse is plugged in, or if you can turn
down its sensitivity with some control panel gadget.

On Oct 28, 6:40*pm, Lap_User
wrote:
When I type in Word or Outlook 2007 or even this Internet Explorer form on my
laptop, my cursor jumps to different lines or another part of the same line
for no reason as I type and it is quite the pain. *Any idea what causes this?
*I have Office Professional 2007 with Windows Vista. *Is this the operating
system or Office 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DebPgh DebPgh is offline

I used to have this problem, too. It turned out that as I was typing, my
thumbs were sometimes accidently touching the touch screen that is below the
keyboard on the laptop. This caused my cursor to jump to somewhere else on
the screen. Since I usually use a mouse, I didn't need access to the touch
screen. I solved the problem by taping a paper over the touch screen. Hope
this helps.