Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
erik_gregory erik_gregory is offline

Default Make macros a trusted source

Thanx in advance for any help.

Some background--I developed a template for our company that has a couple of
built-in macros. I want everyone to use this template with the built-in
macros, but the IT dept. insists on keeping the security level high on macros
(with reason). As a result, the macros won't run. Now, is there a way to make
a macro signed within the template that will allow it to run even with
security on high? I mean...do I need a certificate or something? How do I
make a macro trusted on my end? Please advise and thanx!

Erik

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What this needs that should please everyone is to have a Workgroup template
folder to contain shared templates and for users' security to set to trust
installed templates and add-ins. The macro security can then be left high.
Give the IT support the responsibility of installing templates in the
workgroup folder. User templates, workgroup templates and the Word startup
folders are all trusted locations.

By preventing the use of macros, your IT support is seriously inhibiting the
use of Word with detrimental effect on productivity - you might point that
out!

IT support usually does this for their benefit rather than the users' - a
case of the tail wagging the dog.