Island Girl

Default .pdf file too large

We have a new scanner in our office. For some reason, it seems that it
produces .pdf files with a much, much larger number of bytes. Now, many of
our files can't be sent to certain recipients because of their size.

Do you have an opinion as to why this is? Could it be because the scanner
is not as high-end pricewise as the previous one? Is there some kind of
magic I can perform to get the files smaller in size?

Thanks for all you do!!!
Charles Kenyon

Sorry. This isn't a Word issue but a scanner or an Adobe Acrobat question.
Don't have an opinion. You might try asking in a relevant newsgroup.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Island Girl" wrote in message
We have a new scanner in our office. For some reason, it seems that it
produces .pdf files with a much, much larger number of bytes. Now, many
of
our files can't be sent to certain recipients because of their size.

Do you have an opinion as to why this is? Could it be because the scanner
is not as high-end pricewise as the previous one? Is there some kind of
magic I can perform to get the files smaller in size?

Thanks for all you do!!!

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

There is a newsgroup for Acrobat. They might have some suggestions for you.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Island Girl" wrote in message
We have a new scanner in our office. For some reason, it seems that it
produces .pdf files with a much, much larger number of bytes. Now, many
of
our files can't be sent to certain recipients because of their size.

Do you have an opinion as to why this is? Could it be because the scanner
is not as high-end pricewise as the previous one? Is there some kind of
magic I can perform to get the files smaller in size?

Thanks for all you do!!!

Amedee Van Gasse

Charles Kenyon shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Sorry. This isn't a Word issue but a scanner or an Adobe Acrobat
question. Don't have an opinion. You might try asking in a relevant
newsgroup.

Correct answer.

However, check the dpi settings on your scanner. A lower dpi setting
gives smaller files with lower quality. Try to find a balance between
file size and acceptable quality.

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?