Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
E T

Default Isn't a thumbnail view of image files available when inserting

I use MS Word 2002 at work. When I INSERTPICTUREFROM FILE and select the
file folder containing my images, I am given a list of image files names.
When I perform the same command in PowerPoint, I am given a window with
thumbnails of my image files making it so much easier to select the picture I
need. Is the thumbnail viewing feature not avaialble in MS Word?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

E T wrote:
I use MS Word 2002 at work. When I INSERTPICTUREFROM FILE and
select the file folder containing my images, I am given a list of
image files names. When I perform the same command in PowerPoint, I
am given a window with thumbnails of my image files making it so much
easier to select the picture I need. Is the thumbnail viewing feature
not avaialble in MS Word? Any help is greatly appreciated.

The dialog (which is pretty much the same one as for File Open) can show
several different views. When you see file names, right-click a blank space
in the window and choose View Thumbnails. The setting should stick until
you change it manually.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman