Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
continuum

Default 'text wrap break'

i tried this in a document, not sure what it meant:

1) hit the 'insert' tab
2) clicked on 'break'
3) instead of page break (what i'd intended), i tried the 'text wrap break'

the first time i couldn't see that anything had happened, so then i
highlighted the paragraph i wanted to be on a new page, & repeated those 3
steps, and...

4) the paragraph disappeared.

can anybody tell me what happens to the words when you do that, what "text
wrap" does/its purpose?

thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The text wrapping break is useful only for text that is wrapped around a
graphic. If you want some text beside a graphic, but you want the next
paragraph to start below the graphic, you insert a text-wrapping break. This
is especially useful in Web pages, where the height of the text may vary as
the width of the window is changed, so a given block of text can't be
guaranteed to be the same height as the graphic or more.

"continuum" wrote in message
i tried this in a document, not sure what it meant:

1) hit the 'insert' tab
2) clicked on 'break'
3) instead of page break (what i'd intended), i tried the 'text wrap

break'

the first time i couldn't see that anything had happened, so then i
highlighted the paragraph i wanted to be on a new page, & repeated those 3
steps, and...

4) the paragraph disappeared.

can anybody tell me what happens to the words when you do that, what "text
wrap" does/its purpose?

thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

This one was a real mystery to me, too, until the first time I needed it. I
rarely use wrapped graphics in documents but luckily discovered it (or its
use) when I had to do a page with several wrapped mug shots. This is one of
the many Word features that were, so to speak, "imported" from HTML, and I
use this type of break much more frequently in FrontPage.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The text wrapping break is useful only for text that is wrapped around a
graphic. If you want some text beside a graphic, but you want the next
paragraph to start below the graphic, you insert a text-wrapping break.

This
is especially useful in Web pages, where the height of the text may vary

as
the width of the window is changed, so a given block of text can't be
guaranteed to be the same height as the graphic or more.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.