Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
P D Sterling P D Sterling is offline

Default 1) show paragraph markers etal

For some unknown reason, the little paragraph marker icon doesn't seem
to be working. Usually, I want to see all the markers in my documents,
but last night I had a specific reason to not see them, which I will
submit in a different question. Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.

P D Sterling
Dallas TX
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Please define "little paragraph marker icon doesn't seem to be working".

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"P D Sterling" wrote in message
ink.net...
For some unknown reason, the little paragraph marker icon doesn't seem to
be working. Usually, I want to see all the markers in my documents, but
last night I had a specific reason to not see them, which I will submit in
a different question. Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.

P D Sterling
Dallas TX

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
P D Sterling P D Sterling is offline

on the formatting tool bar, there is an icon which looks like a
paragraph mark (¶) which has the legend "Show/Hide". Sorry if that
wasn't clear
pds

Please define "little paragraph marker icon doesn't seem to be working".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Are you saying that when you click on the icon, you do not have the pilcrows
and spaces showing? I'm just trying to make sure I understand what you are
saying.

Have you also tried changing the setting within Options?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

nk.net...

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
Please define "little paragraph marker icon doesn't seem to be working".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
P D Sterling P D Sterling is offline

thanks for pointing me - apparently when you check options (yes) you see
all the pilcrows, spaces, and tab marks all the time. in a galaxy long
ago and far away, when you clicked the icon, it was a toggle to see/not
see the formatting marks. many warm thanks for pointing me to the answer.

pds

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
Are you saying that when you click on the icon, you do not have the pilcrows
and spaces showing? I'm just trying to make sure I understand what you are
saying.

Have you also tried changing the setting within Options?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Go to Tools, Options, View tab and uncheck all the options under Show
Formatting Marks. These settings override the ShowAll command on the
Toolbar.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"P D Sterling" wrote in message
news : thanks for pointing me - apparently when you check options (yes) you see
: all the pilcrows, spaces, and tab marks all the time. in a galaxy long
: ago and far away, when you clicked the icon, it was a toggle to see/not
: see the formatting marks. many warm thanks for pointing me to the answer.
:
: pds
: