Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Colleen[_2_] Colleen[_2_] is offline

Default 2 sided card setup

I am in MS Word 2003. I would like to make a document, printed back to
back, that I can have laminated and cut into 4 separate cards. The
original document is a 3 inch by 4 inch (top to bottom) card, with text
on both sides, meant to carry in a lab coat pocket. Can someone advise
the best way to go about setting this up? I've tried putzing around but
am not having much luck. Thanks! Colleen.

--
Colleen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I'd be VERY surprised if there isn't a standard Label to meet your
requirements. Go to Envelopes and Labels, find the label and use the New
Document button. This will put the sheet of labels on a new document (note
that labels are just pre-formatted tables). Fill out 2 pages of the labels
(obverse data on the first page and reverse data on the second page) and
then print duplex.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Colleen" wrote in message

I am in MS Word 2003. I would like to make a document, printed back to
back, that I can have laminated and cut into 4 separate cards. The
original document is a 3 inch by 4 inch (top to bottom) card, with text
on both sides, meant to carry in a lab coat pocket. Can someone advise
the best way to go about setting this up? I've tried putzing around but
am not having much luck. Thanks! Colleen.

--
Colleen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Colleen[_3_] Colleen[_3_] is offline

What a great idea Terry. I'll try that. I knew someone one here would
have a suggestion! Thanks so much for your help! Colleen.

Terry Farrell Wrote:
I'd be VERY surprised if there isn't a standard Label to meet your
requirements. Go to Envelopes and Labels, find the label and use the
New
Document button. This will put the sheet of labels on a new document
(note
that labels are just pre-formatted tables). Fill out 2 pages of the
labels
(obverse data on the first page and reverse data on the second page)
and
then print duplex.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Colleen" wrote in message
...-

I am in MS Word 2003. I would like to make a document, printed back
back, that I can have laminated and cut into 4 separate cards. The
original document is a 3 inch by 4 inch (top to bottom) card, with
text
on both sides, meant to carry in a lab coat pocket. Can someone
advise
the best way to go about setting this up? I've tried putzing around
but
am not having much luck. Thanks! Colleen.

--
Colleen -

--
Colleen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:17:35 +0000 from Colleen
:

I am in MS Word 2003. I would like to make a document, printed back to
back, that I can have laminated and cut into 4 separate cards. The
original document is a 3 inch by 4 inch (top to bottom) card, with text
on both sides, meant to carry in a lab coat pocket. Can someone advise
the best way to go about setting this up? I've tried putzing around but
am not having much luck. Thanks! Colleen.

I think text boxes, set up to link one to the next, are your
solution. They should be in fixed positions.

I've done this in the past with 2 each on front and back. Being
spatially challenged :-) I needed several tries to link the boxes in
the right order. Once I got them set up, it was great: when I did any
edits the text just flowed to the *logical* next box even though it
wasn't next physically on the screen.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/