Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Not Really Me

Default Permanently deleting style?

I edited a document for a friend a while back and now I am stuck with a
style that I want to get rid of. Any time I add bullets to an item it
automatically changes the font to times new roman and the style name to
"Normal bullet".

When I look in styles in Normal.dot, using Styles and Formatting, Show: All
styles it is not there. As soon as I type in some text and hit the bullet
button, the font changes, the style name changes and the style is now
visible in the list.

How do I make it go away?

--
Scott
Validated Software Corp.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Margaret Aldis

With your cursor in one of the bulleted paras, select Format Bullets and
Numering. Reset the pane. You should find this removes the link from your
default bullets format to the style.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Not Really Me" wrote in message
I edited a document for a friend a while back and now I am stuck with a
style that I want to get rid of. Any time I add bullets to an item it
automatically changes the font to times new roman and the style name to
"Normal bullet".

When I look in styles in Normal.dot, using Styles and Formatting, Show:
All styles it is not there. As soon as I type in some text and hit the
bullet button, the font changes, the style name changes and the style is
now visible in the list.

How do I make it go away?

--
Scott