Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
zalp zalp is offline

Default Word Options/ non working pointer / crashes when closed

I don't know if any of these problems are related, but here goes...
First, I am not able to select left hand options from Word Options display.
My mouse pointer does not highlight any item, nor does the down arrow work.
Second, within a document I am not able to use the pointer or mouse
right/left buttons. This does not allow me to insert the cursor, nor
highlight any text. I am able to use arrows, but does not allow me to select
when I run across line.
Third, when I close Word it comes up with a screen that says that Word has
stopped working, then tries to look for solution, then restarts Word. A never
ending loop.

Thanks for any insight.