EE in Need

Default print multiple documents or merge multiple documents into one

It seems most of the other questions deal with simple documents or with 1 or
two pages... I have some 40 documents of 15 pages each that I want to print
in a certain order. I can right click each file in Explorer and say print,
or I can hight light them all and say print. The first option takes awhile
and the second just doesn't work without crashing something.

So my question is now, can I create a new document that has each of these
other documents in it? That way I can print that one document and I would
also have a record of what all was sent.
CyberTaz

Hi EE-

Are you printing to a local printer or is a network print server involved?
It may simply be that the volume is too much for either. Combining all 40
docs into one will probably cause more problems and not solve the original
one.

You might try just sending fewer docs at a time rather than all 40 at
once... Maybe 4 batches of 10.

Good Luck |:)

"EE in Need" wrote:

It seems most of the other questions deal with simple documents or with 1 or
two pages... I have some 40 documents of 15 pages each that I want to print
in a certain order. I can right click each file in Explorer and say print,
or I can hight light them all and say print. The first option takes awhile
and the second just doesn't work without crashing something.

So my question is now, can I create a new document that has each of these
other documents in it? That way I can print that one document and I would
also have a record of what all was sent.

EE in Need

What I'm really trying to do is send all these seperately created documents
to a PDF printer so that I can create one PDF document. The way I've been
having to do it is to print one document to the PDF creater, then print the
next. Then in the PDF creator I have to say 'Append to existing document'.
I do this for all of my documents. Would I would like to do is go into Word
open a document, then Import/Append/Merge the other documents. If I can't
find it, I just might have to write a macro for it.

It's getting to be too time consuming for me or the ladies here at work that
do this to print.... append....print....append.

Any other suggestions?

"EE in Need" wrote:

It seems most of the other questions deal with simple documents or with 1 or
two pages... I have some 40 documents of 15 pages each that I want to print
in a certain order. I can right click each file in Explorer and say print,
or I can hight light them all and say print. The first option takes awhile
and the second just doesn't work without crashing something.

So my question is now, can I create a new document that has each of these
other documents in it? That way I can print that one document and I would
also have a record of what all was sent.

Daiya Mitchell

You can use Insert | File to create one combined Word doc, then send that to
the PDF. Insert | File is fairly quick. Word can handle 600 pages no
problem, assuming reasonable RAM. I'd suggested starting in a new doc, and
it works pretty much as you describe Import/Append/Merge. You should also
be able to write a macro to carry out the Insert | File process, as you seem
knowledgeable.

If you plan to continue to update the 40 documents, and want the combined
file to also update, you can try IncludeText fields. If these are a new
concept, see:
http://daiya.mvps.org/includetext.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word