Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
traidito traidito is offline

Default changing font in a document

I have to work in documents in which I use a font for the text but I use a
different font for numbers.
Can I automatically tell Word to use one font for text and anohter for
numbers?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

There is no way to do that automatically in Word, except for (perhaps)
creating AutoCorrect entries for each and every number you'll ever need to
type. This might take quite a while...

One way to accomplish the same end result, however, would be to use
Find/Replace to reformat all numbers once the document is done.

Find what:^#

Replace with:[leave blank]

Click in the Replace with field and click More to expose the whole dialog
box. Choose Format - Font, and select the desired font. That formatting will
now be displayed under the empty Replace with: field.

At this point, you can click Find Next, then Replace, several times to
verify that this is giving you what you want. When you're satisfied, click
Replace All.

If you'll need this a lot, you can record a macro to do this, then simply
run that macro any time you need the numbers reformatted.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"traidito" wrote in message
I have to work in documents in which I use a font for the text but I use a
different font for numbers.
Can I automatically tell Word to use one font for text and anohter for
numbers?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If you are using Auto-numbering, then this is possible, otherwise the search
and replace procedure mentioned by Herb is probably the best solution.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"traidito" wrote in message
I have to work in documents in which I use a font for the text but I use a
different font for numbers.
Can I automatically tell Word to use one font for text and anohter for
numbers?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
traidito traidito is offline

Thank you. I think I can use the find and replace for each of the 10 digits
and have the change done.

"traidito" wrote in message
I have to work in documents in which I use a font for the text but I use a
different font for numbers.
Can I automatically tell Word to use one font for text and anohter for
numbers?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Actually, using ^#, you can do it all in one fell swoop. You don't need to
change each of the 10 digits individually. With the ^# token in the Find
what: field, and the Replace with: field left blank and with formatting
applied to it, Word reformats whatever matches the token (^# means "match
any digit"). (If no formatting were applied to the Replace with: field, then
a blank field would tell Word to delete the matching text; but since
formatting is applied, it reformats the digits instead.)