store5064

Default How to increment a number on one page for several copies of the sa

I would like to know if it is possible to increment a number starting at 1,
on a single page document, and have it increment automatically when it is
printed. In other words I have a single document to print and would like
them numbered 1 to 3000 but don't want to create 3000 documents to do this.
Jezebel

There are macros that do it, but they create individual documents behind the
scenes, each one printed separately.

For so many copies you are probably better off going to a commercial
printer. They can do the numbering for you, and for 3000 copies it's likely
to be cheaper as well. Not to mention the time saving -- 3000 individual
prints is a lot of hours printing.

"store5064" wrote in message
I would like to know if it is possible to increment a number starting at 1,
on a single page document, and have it increment automatically when it is
printed. In other words I have a single document to print and would like
them numbered 1 to 3000 but don't want to create 3000 documents to do
this.

Jay Freedman

Agreed about the advisability of a commercial printer for that
quantity... but if you plan to print in small batches or just want to
see how it's done, read
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm

--
Regards,