Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob Day

Default Preventing a Table from breaking across pages

Whats the best way to prevent a small (5 row) table from breaking across a
page in between rows?

Thanks!

Bob

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Preventing a Table from breaking across pages

Hi Bob!

Preventing a table from breaking across pages is a common issue that many Microsoft Word users face. Fortunately, there are a few simple steps you can take to ensure that your table stays together on one page.

Here's how you can prevent a small table from breaking across pages:
  1. Click anywhere inside the table to select it.
  2. Go to the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Properties" button in the "Table" group.
  4. In the "Table Properties" dialog box, click on the "Row" tab.
  5. Check the box next to "Allow row to break across pages" to unselect it.
  6. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.

By unchecking the "Allow row to break across pages" option, you are telling Word to keep the entire table on one page, even if it means leaving some white space at the bottom of the page.

If your table is still breaking across pages, you may need to adjust the size of the table or the margins of your document to ensure that the entire table fits on one page.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anne Troy

So you want to ensure that the table all appears on one page?
Table--Select--Table, Format--Paragraph, Line & Page breaks tab, "Keep
with next" and "Keep lines together".
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Bob Day" wrote in message
Whats the best way to prevent a small (5 row) table from breaking across a
page in between rows?

Thanks!

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"Keep lines together" has no effect in a table (and "Keep with next" is
useless within a cell) if you allow the table rows to break; you have to
disable "Allow rows to break across pages" in the Table Properties.

"Bob Day" wrote in message
Whats the best way to prevent a small (5 row) table from breaking across

page in between rows?

Thanks!

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob Day

Default Preventing a Table from breaking across pages2

I agree, but what I want is to keep the entire table together on a page.

Any ideas how?

Thanks Bob

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
"Keep lines together" has no effect in a table (and "Keep with next" is
useless within a cell) if you allow the table rows to break; you have to
disable "Allow rows to break across pages" in the Table Properties.

so
all may benefit.

"Bob Day" wrote in message
Whats the best way to prevent a small (5 row) table from breaking
across

page in between rows?

Thanks!

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"Keep with next" works between rows, as Anne told you. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...bleOn1Page.htm

"Bob Day" wrote in message
I agree, but what I want is to keep the entire table together on a page.

Any ideas how?

Thanks Bob

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
"Keep lines together" has no effect in a table (and "Keep with next" is
useless within a cell) if you allow the table rows to break; you have to
disable "Allow rows to break across pages" in the Table Properties.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Bob Day" wrote in message
Whats the best way to prevent a small (5 row) table from breaking
across

page in between rows?

Thanks!

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Bob,

I agree, but what I want is to keep the entire table together on a page.

Any ideas how?

If what Suzanne has suggested doesn't help (normally it should), please
tell us which version of Word you're using so we can suggest alternatives.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org