Gordon_Hogenson

Default Word should let me type text in a specific color

I'd like to type text in a specific color (e.g. in Outlook word). I don't
want to type the text and then set the color. I just want the text to appear
in that color. And I want to set it for anywhere I type. That way, when I
reply to an email, I can make sure that all the text I type inline in the
email is in one color. Now I don't know how to do that--I have to type all
the text and then select it, and this must be repeated for all the places
where I add inline text, the same color each time. This is terribly
inefficient. Just let me change the INPUT text color (and font, etc.)

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Pascal

Hi Gordon,

There are two options you can use to identify your answers in an email body.

1 - Go to Tools, Options, Mail format tab, under Stationery and Fonts, click
on Fonts... button. In Fonts dialog you can change default fonts for
"Composing email", "Replying email" and "Composing and reading plain text" by
clicking on Choose Font... buttons.
Be aware that I it is not possible to use more than one font colour if your
email is in Plain text, you need to use HTML (recommanded) or Rich Text
formats to see more than one colours.

2 - Go to Tools, Options, Preferences tab, E-mail options... At the botton
of this dialog select box "Mark my comments with:" and enter your name in the
box, Click Ok twice.

So, from this point, when you answer to an email by entering some text
anywhere into the email body, each one of your remarks will prefixed with
your name as [Gordon Hogenson]. Your comments will take the specific colour
as well.

Hope this will help,
--
Pascal