Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
M_C M_C is offline

Default Word 2007 and text files

I've adjusted my default margins to .5", but when I open a text document
created in something like notepad, the document margins become 1". By the
way I saved the .5" to my default template so new Word documents show the
correct margin, only text documents do not.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

When you open a document, save by running an autoopen macro, there is
nothing that will change the margins that were used when that document was
created.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"M_C" wrote in message
I've adjusted my default margins to .5", but when I open a text document
created in something like notepad, the document margins become 1". By the
way I saved the .5" to my default template so new Word documents show the
correct margin, only text documents do not.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
M_C M_C is offline

Thanks Doug. My question must be unclear. Here is what happens. I create a
text document in notepad by just typing a continuous stream of 1's for
instance. Longer than one line of text so that it will exceed the length of
the Word line. Then I open this file in Word. I get a word document with 1"
margins, despite the fact that I've created a default template with .5
margins. This is significant because I'm trying to use a pdf995 product
called omniformat that, like many others, uses the word print to create a
pdf, and thus the pdf wraps in the wrong place. I know that my default
margin is .5 since if I go into Word 2007 and create a new document the
margins come up as .5"

"M_C" wrote in message
I've adjusted my default margins to .5", but when I open a text document
created in something like notepad, the document margins become 1". By the
way I saved the .5" to my default template so new Word documents show the
correct margin, only text documents do not.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

What are the margins set to in Notepad?

--