Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CarrieM

Default How do I stop the date change to current on past documents?

How can I stop the automatic change to current date when I upload past
letters and other docs? I am frustrated when I want a copy of a past
document and it changes to the day's date when I open it.
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

That date is generated by a DATE field. You need to change it to a
CREATEDATE field. Select the field, right click, toggle field code, change
DATE to CREATEDATE, update the field, and toggle the code.

InsertDate and Time and uncheck "Update Automatically" this will insert all
future date/time entries using this method to an unlinked field.

In your template if you have a {DATE} field, change it to {CREATEDATE} to
future letters created from that template will retain the original creation
date.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See: