Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jason M

Default automating form entries

I have a contract that depending on the variables selected from drop down
boxes, specific language is inserted in the document related to the
selections. I think I need to record exit macros for my drop down boxes, but
I am not sure how to do that. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

You do not need macros for this, you need conditional fields (IF fields) and
you need to have the property for "calculate on exit" checked for your
drop-down fields.

What you are talking about is what Word calls an "online form." Check this
in help. For more about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

For information on the IF field check help and/or

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.