Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Renato - Brazil Renato - Brazil is offline

Default How to update a formula in a table that is a protected form ?

I created a form in which numerical inputs, placed in collumns, will be
calculated with a formula placed in the last collumn. When I protect the
form, to limit users to only access the field I want, the formulas are not
updated unless I go in each one and request an "update field".

If it was not in a "form" format, I could simply do a CTRL+A to cover
everything and do a F9 to update all fields that have formulas. I'm not being
able to do the same in the protected form format. Any clue to automate it ? I
don't mind placing a "macro" button in the file to do the calculation, but I
don't know what steps to take

Thanks in advance
Renato
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

In the Properties dialog of each form field that contributes a value to the
formula, put a check mark in the box for "Calculate on exit". Whenever you
tab or click out of a field, that will cause the formulas that reference
that field to update.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Renato - Brazil wrote:
I created a form in which numerical inputs, placed in collumns, will
be calculated with a formula placed in the last collumn. When I
protect the form, to limit users to only access the field I want, the
formulas are not updated unless I go in each one and request an
"update field".

If it was not in a "form" format, I could simply do a CTRL+A to cover
everything and do a F9 to update all fields that have formulas. I'm
not being able to do the same in the protected form format. Any clue
to automate it ? I don't mind placing a "macro" button in the file to
do the calculation, but I don't know what steps to take

Thanks in advance
Renato

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Renato - Brazil Renato - Brazil is offline

Thanks a lot Jay!!!! It worked!!! Simple, but I was looking in different
places to have that.

Table in a Form HiDbLevel Tables 12 February 27th 06 12:59 PM
How can I update a table of contents in a protected document mnew27 Microsoft Word Help 3 November 11th 05 02:17 PM
Add a reow to a table on a protected form mk1871 Tables 1 August 5th 05 06:01 PM
How to keep date issued (not created) on protected form? Seagull Microsoft Word Help 2 June 24th 05 09:57 PM
Allowing calculations in a table in a protected form? Melissa Weiler Tables 1 February 21st 05 06:14 PM