Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Warren Warren is offline

Default Can not set Arial as default font

Hello,

I am using Word 2000 and I am not able to set the default font to Arial.
When ever I try it changes back to what it was previously. I tried it on to
different computer and it did not work on either. I change to Arial (W1) or
Helvetica depending on the computer. I was reading about Acrobat 7 causing a
problem and that suggestion did not work.
Any other suggestions?

Thank you,
Warren

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

How are you setting the default font? Note that when you click the
Default button in the Font dialog box, the modification is applied to
the Normal style of the current document and its template; other
documents or templates will not be affected.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Warren" wrote in message
Hello,

I am using Word 2000 and I am not able to set the default font to

Arial.
When ever I try it changes back to what it was previously. I tried it

on to
different computer and it did not work on either. I change to Arial

(W1) or
Helvetica depending on the computer. I was reading about Acrobat 7

causing a
problem and that suggestion did not work.
Any other suggestions?

Thank you,
Warren

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Warren Warren is offline

Hello,

Thank you for you quick response Stefan.
I am holding down the Shift key clicking on File Save All and saving it as a
..dot file. What I have noticed is that I can set the Arial font as a default,
close the font windows go back in and it will have gone back to Arial(W1) or
Helvetica. It does not matter if I save the document or not. I have tried to
make the changes save the document and go back into the same document and it
will still be Arial(W1) or Helvetica?
Something else that is strange is that when I change the font on the page
from Helvetica or Arial(W1) to Arial it will still say that it is still
Helvetica or Arial(W1). If I change to another font type it will show as the
correct font execpt for Arial. Arial will also show as Helvetica or Arial
(W1)?

"Warren" wrote in message
Hello,

I am using Word 2000 and I am not able to set the default font to

Arial.
When ever I try it changes back to what it was previously. I tried it

on to
different computer and it did not work on either. I change to Arial

(W1) or
Helvetica depending on the computer. I was reading about Acrobat 7

causing a
problem and that suggestion did not work.
Any other suggestions?

Thank you,
Warren

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Are you sure that the Arial font file still exists in the Fonts folder
in Windows?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Warren" wrote in message
Hello,

I am using Word 2000 and I am not able to set the default font to

Arial.
When ever I try it changes back to what it was previously. I tried

it
on to
different computer and it did not work on either. I change to

Arial
(W1) or
Helvetica depending on the computer. I was reading about Acrobat 7

causing a
problem and that suggestion did not work.
Any other suggestions?

Thank you,
Warren

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Warren Warren is offline

Yes I have checked and it is still there on both computers? The one computer
does not have Helvetica in the fonts folder but it keeps coming up?

"Warren" wrote in message
Hello,

I am using Word 2000 and I am not able to set the default font to
Arial.
When ever I try it changes back to what it was previously. I tried

it
on to
different computer and it did not work on either. I change to

Arial
(W1) or
Helvetica depending on the computer. I was reading about Acrobat 7
causing a
problem and that suggestion did not work.
Any other suggestions?

Thank you,
Warren

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

What happens if you click the Font Substitution button on the
Compatibility tab of Tools | Options?

Are both computers using the same printer?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Warren" wrote in message
Hello,

I am using Word 2000 and I am not able to set the default font

Arial.
When ever I try it changes back to what it was previously. I

tried
it
on to
different computer and it did not work on either. I change to

Arial
(W1) or
Helvetica depending on the computer. I was reading about

Acrobat 7
causing a
problem and that suggestion did not work.
Any other suggestions?

Thank you,
Warren

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Warren Warren is offline

One computer is connected to a Dell 5200 and the other is connected to a HP
4200. When I click on the font substitution button in a blank document I can
a error message saying that I already have the fonts. If I click on the font
substitution button in the document I am having trouble with, nothing happens?

"Warren" wrote in message
Hello,

I am using Word 2000 and I am not able to set the default font

Arial.
When ever I try it changes back to what it was previously. I

tried
it
on to
different computer and it did not work on either. I change to
Arial
(W1) or
Helvetica depending on the computer. I was reading about

Acrobat 7
causing a
problem and that suggestion did not work.
Any other suggestions?

Thank you,
Warren

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm certainly no expert on printers, but I suspect this means that the
*printer* is substituting fonts. Can you find anything in the printer
options (accessed via Control Panel) that could possibly be causing the
issue?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Warren" wrote in message
Hello,

I am using Word 2000 and I am not able to set the default

font
Arial.
When ever I try it changes back to what it was previously.

tried
it
on to
different computer and it did not work on either. I change

Arial
(W1) or
Helvetica depending on the computer. I was reading about

Acrobat 7
causing a
problem and that suggestion did not work.
Any other suggestions?

Thank you,
Warren

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Warren Warren is offline

Thank you for your help. I did not go into the control panel of the printer
but I did setup as Xerox printer as my default and that solved that problem.
It is something with the Dell and the HP.

"Warren" wrote in message
Hello,

I am using Word 2000 and I am not able to set the default

font
Arial.
When ever I try it changes back to what it was previously.

tried
it
on to
different computer and it did not work on either. I change

Arial
(W1) or
Helvetica depending on the computer. I was reading about
Acrobat 7
causing a
problem and that suggestion did not work.
Any other suggestions?

Thank you,
Warren

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad you got it sorted!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Arial Font Annette Microsoft Word Help 1 November 28th 06 09:44 PM
How to set the default font and size to be Arial with 10 size? Eric Microsoft Word Help 1 May 13th 06 03:27 PM
How to install Arial Unicode font? Chris New Users 12 November 8th 05 02:09 PM
troubleshooting Arial font newauthorathome Microsoft Word Help 1 July 20th 05 04:13 AM
Where is the Arial font? DebbieH-F Microsoft Word Help 1 November 25th 04 12:16 AM