Can't delete section break (next page)

Old April 18th 18, 01:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

Default Can't delete section break (next page)

Click before break, then hold 'fn' key and press backspace once. It forward deletes like a PC.
Old May 14th 18, 08:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

On Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 8:31:14 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Click before break, then hold 'fn' key and press backspace once. It forward deletes like a PC.

YES YES YES YES. The fn key plus delete worked, when nothing else would. Thanks!
Old August 3rd 18, 09:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

On Wednesday, February 13, 2008 at 12:29:37 AM UTC-6, Bobbi wrote:
Word 2003: How can I delete a "section break (next page)"? It just won't go
away?

Bobbi

The best way that I have found working so far is as follows:
click "Show hide" button on home to see the spaces and of course the section break that you want to remove. Then Hit ctrl+G, then on the "Find and Replace" task bar that opens, go to "Replace" tab then where it says "Find what" type ^b and click find next, once you made sure that its the same section break that you want to remove, hit the Replace button on the same task bar. Make sure the "replace with" part is left blank. Cheers.
Old April 3rd 19, 08:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

On Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 8:18:35 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Wednesday, February 13, 2008 at 1:29:37 AM UTC-5, Bobbi wrote:
Word 2003: How can I delete a "section break (next page)"? It just won't go
away?

Bobbi

This problem exists in 2013

I had to change to web layout. then I was able to highlight and delete

I have Word 2010 and this didn't work for me. Any other ideas?
Here's my situation:
Page 50 has 2 columns at the top. I have a "section break (continuous)" in the middle of page 50 and then 1 column below the continuous section break. I have 2 lines of text and then a "section break (next page)" [this is the one I want to delete]. On page 51 I have 1 column. The problem is that when I delete the "Section break (next page)", the "section break (continuous)" converts itself to a "section break (next page)". This happens regardless of whether or not I am in Print layout, web layout, or outline views.

Any ideas?
Old June 29th 19, 01:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

On Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 10:31:14 PM UTC+10, wrote:
Click before break, then hold 'fn' key and press backspace once. It forward deletes like a PC.

Thank you!!!!!!! So much!