Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DMG DMG is offline

Default The formatting is too complex

I have an issue opening a .docx in Word 2002. I have loaded the 2007
compatibility fix on the station and have otherwise not had an issue. But
with one particular document a message pops up saying "the Formatting in this
document is too complex. Please full save the document now." When it does
open, the numbering appears to be out of wack. Any ideas? I don't seem to
have the same issue if I open in 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The "full save" suggestion sounds like the document was saved with Fast
Saves enabled. That feature -- a recipe of document corruption -- can
produce the result you're seeing... EXCEPT that Fast Saves does not exist in
Word 2007.

My guess is that you've hit a bug in the compatibility pack.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible