Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
racer66 racer66 is offline

Default AHHHH!!!!!!!

I have office 2003. As i type instead of there being spaces in between my
words there are dots. They don't print but only appear in the workspace.
Other symbols go along with this but the dots are the most annoying.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus Opinicus is offline

"racer66" wrote

I have office 2003. As i type instead of there being spaces in between my
words there are dots. They don't print but only appear in the workspace.
Other symbols go along with this but the dots are the most annoying.

Tools Options View Formatting Marks

You probably have [x] All ticked. Untick it.

I think there's a keystroke combination that automatically turns these on or
toggles them. I can never remember what it is but I know I do hit it by
mistake from time to time so I've memorized the above sequence.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sinto sinto is offline

On the standard menu. Unmark the backwards-P

"racer66" skrev:

I have office 2003. As i type instead of there being spaces in between my
words there are dots. They don't print but only appear in the workspace.
Other symbols go along with this but the dots are the most annoying.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus Opinicus is offline

"sinto" wrote

I have office 2003. As i type instead of there being spaces in between my
words there are dots. They don't print but only appear in the workspace.
Other symbols go along with this but the dots are the most annoying.

On the standard menu. Unmark the backwards-P

So that's what that's for...

I wonder if that's what I'm occasionally hitting by mistake?

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Or you could be pressing Ctrl+Shift+8 by mistake (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Opinicus" wrote in message
m...
"sinto" wrote

I have office 2003. As i type instead of there being spaces in between
my
words there are dots. They don't print but only appear in the workspace.
Other symbols go along with this but the dots are the most annoying.

On the standard menu. Unmark the backwards-P

So that's what that's for...

I wonder if that's what I'm occasionally hitting by mistake?

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

How does someone press "Ctrl-Shift-8" by mistake?

I bet all these folk who don't know what the Non-printing Characters
button is for have also never tried the one next to it, the
extraordinarily useful "Document Map" button.

On Apr 11, 5:53*am, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
Or you could be pressing Ctrl+Shift+8 by mistake (seehttp://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Opinicus" wrote in message

m...

"sinto" wrote

I have office 2003. As i type instead of there being spaces in between
my
words there are dots. They don't print but only appear in the workspace.
Other symbols go along with this but the dots are the most annoying.

On the standard menu. Unmark the backwards-P

So that's what that's for...

I wonder if that's what I'm occasionally hitting by mistake?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

By mistake--clearly. ;-)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"grammatim" wrote in message
How does someone press "Ctrl-Shift-8" by mistake?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Or whatever character is inserted, depending on the chosen keyboard layout,
when you press Shift+8 (for me, who uses a Swedish keyboard, that would be
"(").

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"grammatim" wrote in message
How does someone press "Ctrl-Shift-8" by mistake?

I bet all these folk who don't know what the Non-printing Characters
button is for have also never tried the one next to it, the
extraordinarily useful "Document Map" button.

On Apr 11, 5:53 am, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
Or you could be pressing Ctrl+Shift+8 by mistake
(seehttp://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Opinicus" wrote in message

m...

"sinto" wrote

I have office 2003. As i type instead of there being spaces in
between
my
words there are dots. They don't print but only appear in the
workspace.
Other symbols go along with this but the dots are the most annoying.

On the standard menu. Unmark the backwards-P
So that's what that's for...

I wonder if that's what I'm occasionally hitting by mistake?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

In Outlook 2007, open a new message and go to the "Format Text" tab. Make
sure the pilcrow (the inverted P in the paragraph group) is not selected.

Yves

"RobW" wrote in message
I'm having this problem but with Outlook email. Do you know how to fix
this?
Rob

"Opinicus" wrote:

"racer66" wrote

I have office 2003. As i type instead of there being spaces in between
my
words there are dots. They don't print but only appear in the
workspace.
Other symbols go along with this but the dots are the most annoying.

Tools Options View Formatting Marks

You probably have [x] All ticked. Untick it.

I think there's a keystroke combination that automatically turns these on
or
toggles them. I can never remember what it is but I know I do hit it by
mistake from time to time so I've memorized the above sequence.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This will only occur in Outlook if you use Word as e-mail editor (or in 2007
the Word-like e-mail editor) and thus the answer is the same as posted
earlier.

RobW wrote:
I'm having this problem but with Outlook email. Do you know how to
fix this? Rob

"racer66" wrote