Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bretsharon bretsharon is offline

Default Style doesn't center

Thank you for this resource. I made a multilevel list and it is in the menu,
but the type is centering, despite my modifying on the style list on the
ribbon. Now I can't get in to check where I went when I was crating the
style-multlevel. How can I edit and at least see if its not correctly made.?
I don't see and edit anywhere, I just have to start again?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bretsharon bretsharon is offline

Just to embellish, the first line of heading 1 is centered properly now at
least but then I break the line into 2 lines and the second is off center. I
try to modify, as it is the same style but it is still off center. there is
nothing in paragraph to make it so. This part of word is lousy

"bretsharon" wrote:

Thank you for this resource. I made a multilevel list and it is in the menu,
but the type is centering, despite my modifying on the style list on the
ribbon. Now I can't get in to check where I went when I was crating the
style-multlevel. How can I edit and at least see if its not correctly made.?
I don't see and edit anywhere, I just have to start again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bretsharon bretsharon is offline

Its not supposed to, but who knows? The ruler says there aren't and all of
a sudden it now centers. But then at level 3 it starts as (c) and I can't
get it to accept a restart at a, nor will it take a when I say number set.
I've watched you thru the years of labor trying to help all this, but the
product is unusable except by an expert like yourself. But well educated
(over) educated people struggle with this for years. At what point does
MicroHard say this is a bad strategy? Its just over engineered and not worth
the effort.

"bretsharon" wrote:

Thank you for this resource. I made a multilevel list and it is in the
menu,
but the type is centering, despite my modifying on the style list on the
ribbon. Now I can't get in to check where I went when I was crating the
style-multlevel. How can I edit and at least see if its not correctly
made.?
I don't see and edit anywhere, I just have to start again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bretsharon bretsharon is offline

When trying to get to the (a) I lost centering on the first level and now it
is .5 of an inch past the left margin. I give up. I've struggled and many
others have to. It destroys our creative talent. What can you expect from a
monopoly

Don't answer this.

"bretsharon" wrote:

Thank you for this resource. I made a multilevel list and it is in the
menu,
but the type is centering, despite my modifying on the style list on the
ribbon. Now I can't get in to check where I went when I was crating the
style-multlevel. How can I edit and at least see if its not correctly
made.?
I don't see and edit anywhere, I just have to start again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bretsharon bretsharon is offline

Why does level 2 starts with a (c) then I say restart to (a), and then it
displays (d) and then I hit Cntrol+Z and I get my (a)??

"bretsharon" wrote:

Thank you for this resource. I made a multilevel list and it is in the
menu,
but the type is centering, despite my modifying on the style list on the
ribbon. Now I can't get in to check where I went when I was crating the
style-multlevel. How can I edit and at least see if its not correctly
made.?
I don't see and edit anywhere, I just have to start again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bretsharon bretsharon is offline

Say what?? I have worse problems.. I give up automatic assignment of
numbers at level 3 and substituted just plan text. Now my Article numbers
and text, which is some thing like ARTICLE 1, then a Shift+Enter gives me the
next line, but that second line is to the right a couple characters and I
can't center it. There are no tabs, no first line indent.....just the
line......if I don't try to put on a separate line, then they are center, but
looks like junk.....Can you also tell me why the paragraph that follows
becomes 1.5 line spacing???

"bretsharon" wrote:

Thank you for this resource. I made a multilevel list and it is in
the
menu,
but the type is centering, despite my modifying on the style list on
the
ribbon. Now I can't get in to check where I went when I was crating
the
style-multlevel. How can I edit and at least see if its not correctly
made.?
I don't see and edit anywhere, I just have to start again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bretsharon bretsharon is offline

I learned that if I put in left justify, rather than center, in the "Define
New Multilevel" then both lines are centered level one.

"bretsharon" wrote:

Thank you for this resource. I made a multilevel list and it is in
the
menu,
but the type is centering, despite my modifying on the style list on
the
ribbon. Now I can't get in to check where I went when I was crating
the
style-multlevel. How can I edit and at least see if its not correctly
made.?
I don't see and edit anywhere, I just have to start again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bretsharon bretsharon is offline

Thank you. Now why when I remove the index for the 4th level, and write in
the paragraph designation I want, marking it as bold and normal, I then bring
up the paragraph and the entire paragraph is bolded, despiete the fant that I
mark it normal and the bold sign is off I can't bold it. This is a
defective product and is very overrated.

"bretsharon" wrote:

Thank you for this resource. I made a multilevel list and it is in
the
menu,
but the type is centering, despite my modifying on the style list
on
the
ribbon. Now I can't get in to check where I went when I was
crating
the
style-multlevel. How can I edit and at least see if its not
correctly
made.?
I don't see and edit anywhere, I just have to start again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bretsharon bretsharon is offline

How do I turn the multilist and the styles off? It is a hinderance an
unhelpfull. Also the styles?