Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MP MP is offline

Default Office 2007 - The spell check not picking up spelling mistakes

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm

http://word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Check if the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared
Tools\Proofing Tools\1.0\Override" exists and if it does delete it.

If that is not the problem

Office Button Word Options Add Ins Manage (select disabled items)
Click on the English dictionary and re-enable it.
Close and re-open Word and Outlook.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Heather Z Heather Z is offline

Thank you! Deleting the override solved my problem, this has been annoying me
ever since I got 2007.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm

http://word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lhopkins lhopkins is offline

What the? I changed toe reg Key and it worked, what was ms thinking when they
did that
--
vb6 helpme

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Check if the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared
Tools\Proofing Tools\1.0\Override" exists and if it does delete it.

If that is not the problem

Office Button Word Options Add Ins Manage (select disabled items)
Click on the English dictionary and re-enable it.
Close and re-open Word and Outlook.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm
If you want pictures - see http://www.gmayor.com/my_toolbars_are_missing.htm
(albeit the registry key there is a different one from that under
discussion).

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Check if the registry key
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Proofing
Tools\1.0\Override" exists and if it does delete it.

If that is not the problem

Office Button Word Options Add Ins Manage (select disabled
items) Click on the English dictionary and re-enable it.
Close and re-open Word and Outlook.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
drbobusa drbobusa is offline

These were the suggestions that MS suggested NONE of these solved my
problem and I continue to not have any spell checking. Any more ideas - I
would sure appreciate some.

thanks

bob

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Check if the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared
Tools\Proofing Tools\1.0\Override" exists and if it does delete it.

If that is not the problem

Office Button Word Options Add Ins Manage (select disabled items)
Click on the English dictionary and re-enable it.
Close and re-open Word and Outlook.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you tried everything else in
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/M...pellCheck.htm?

http://word.mvps.org

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Check if the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared
Tools\Proofing Tools\1.0\Override" exists and if it does delete it.

If that is not the problem

Office Button Word Options Add Ins Manage (select disabled items)
Click on the English dictionary and re-enable it.
Close and re-open Word and Outlook.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Blurt Blurt is offline

Your advice was in response to a post other than the one I added to the
discussion group, but managing the disabled items worked for me!! I have
spent hours trying to find a way to make the spell check work again. Thank
you for your attention to this group and helping people manage their problems

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Check if the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared
Tools\Proofing Tools\1.0\Override" exists and if it does delete it.

If that is not the problem

Office Button Word Options Add Ins Manage (select disabled items)
Click on the English dictionary and re-enable it.
Close and re-open Word and Outlook.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aka-none aka-none is offline

Thanks, the disabled items is what it was THIS time. Once it was the registry
key and once it was the 'repair MS Office'.

So between this and the 'Ribbon' I have 2 items to really LOVE about the new
and 'improved' word.

Thanks Graham!!