Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
swje swje is offline

Default How to hide (not disable) "Minimize the Ribbon" button

Hello

Is it possible to disable the "Minimize the Ribbon" button?
Or, probabaly can I hide it? How?

Thank you

swje 2007/10/17
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

There are three ways I know of to minimize the Ribbon in Word 2007:
Double-click the active tab (a toggle)
Press CTRL+F1 (a toggle)
Right-click on any tab name or directly to the right of the rightmost tab
and click Minimize the Ribbon (a toggle)

I assume you are referring to the 3rd one -- it would require XML
programming to remove from the shortcut menu; you could redefine the shortcut
for CTRL+F1. I have no idea how you could disable "double-clicking" the
active tab. I won't ask why you would want to do this.

"swje" wrote:

Hello

Is it possible to disable the "Minimize the Ribbon" button?
Or, probabaly can I hide it? How?

Thank you

swje 2007/10/17

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gr8auntieokie gr8auntieokie is offline

Right-click on any tab or the QAT and select "Minimize the Ribbon." You'll
still see the tabs and the QAT but the Ribbon is gone. If you want to use the
Ribbon at any time, click once on any tab and the Ribbon will reappear. Use
the tool you need, and then when you go back to typing, the Ribbon will be
minimized again. Double-click on any tab to maximize the Ribbon.

Cyndie Browning
Tulsa, OK

"swje" wrote:

Hello

Is it possible to disable the "Minimize the Ribbon" button?
Or, probabaly can I hide it? How?

Thank you

swje 2007/10/17

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

What "Minimize Ribbon" button? There isn't a button added by default to the
interface for minimizing the Ribbon. There is the right-click method and the
double-click method. Is this what you are referring to or something else?

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word