Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] rajulagrawal@gmail.com is offline

Default Linked Object

I am working on creating operational procedures for a bank. There are
certain sections that are common to multiple procedures. I therefore
wanted to take these common things out in a separate document, and then
put this separate document as linked object in the procedure document.
That way if there are any changes, I need to make it in only one place.

The problem I am facing is that ONLY one page of the linked document is
shown in the procedure document. I want the entire text of the linked
document to be visible in the procedure.

Please help.

Thanking you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Do not use Insert Object to link the files. Instead, use Insert File and
click the down arrow on the Insert button to choose Insert as Link, which
creates an INCLUDETEXT field. The result of that field can be many pages.

When you create the external document, insert a bookmark to cover each piece
of text that you plan to include in other documents. In the Insert File
dialog, click the Range button and enter the name of the bookmark to
include.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman