Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
vicchic01 vicchic01 is offline

Default Mail Merge connection is lost

I am using Word 2002 and have created a mail merged word document.

If the mail merge is not restricted (all records in the data source are
connected with the word document) then the main merge document keeps its
connection with the data source (an excel 2002 spreadsheet) every time you
open it. If, however, you apply a filter (see step 3 of the mail merge
wizard process) and save the word document, then you must find the data
source every time you open the document again. Very frustrating !

I have searched the internet for a possible solution but have not found
anything? Any ideas?