Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
djsmith djsmith is offline

Default Office 2007 Word Mail Merge text field cut off

I am using an Excel file for my data source. One of my text fields has 335
characters including spaces and is being cut off at 255 characters including
spaces. I have checked "Confirm File Format Conversion on Open". but this has
not resolved the issue as indicated in earlier versions of Office. Has anyone
found a resolution to this issue in Office 2007?
--
Delta Smith
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Have you tried the different methods of connecting to the data source that
are available when "Confirm File Format Conversion on Open" is checked?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"djsmith" wrote in message
I am using an Excel file for my data source. One of my text fields has 335
characters including spaces and is being cut off at 255 characters
including
spaces. I have checked "Confirm File Format Conversion on Open". but this
has
not resolved the issue as indicated in earlier versions of Office. Has
anyone
found a resolution to this issue in Office 2007?
--
Delta Smith

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
djsmith djsmith is offline

Yes, I have tried the various methods of connecting to the data source that
are available. However, these do not correct the issue.
--
Delta Smith

"djsmith" wrote in message
I am using an Excel file for my data source. One of my text fields has 335
characters including spaces and is being cut off at 255 characters
including
spaces. I have checked "Confirm File Format Conversion on Open". but this
has
not resolved the issue as indicated in earlier versions of Office. Has
anyone
found a resolution to this issue in Office 2007?
--
Delta Smith

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Try re-arranging your data so that the record with the 335 characters is the
first record in the data source.