Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tobias Boehler Tobias Boehler is offline

Default Word 2003 - Mail Merge / Temp Folder Problem

Hello there

I have got a small problem, but I'm not able to solve it. First the

I start Tools Letters and ?? Mail Merge

At the third point, when I want to "create a new list" MS Office says:

(not original text... just what i've got in my mind)

Cannot create the list. Temp folder is missing. Create a temp folder.

Yeah... The message was much longer. Tomorrow I can give a more detailed
information about the error message.

In "Environment Variables" there are two correct entries "TMP" and "TEMP".
User has Admin rights.

Any Ideas??? Please help.

Thank you in advance. Greets, Tobi
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

You do not have to use the mailmerge facility to create the data source.

See the article "Creating a Mail Merge Data Source" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Tobias Boehler" wrote in message
Hello there

I have got a small problem, but I'm not able to solve it. First the

I start Tools Letters and ?? Mail Merge

At the third point, when I want to "create a new list" MS Office says:

(not original text... just what i've got in my mind)

Cannot create the list. Temp folder is missing. Create a temp folder.

Yeah... The message was much longer. Tomorrow I can give a more detailed
information about the error message.

In "Environment Variables" there are two correct entries "TMP" and "TEMP".
User has Admin rights.

Any Ideas??? Please help.

Thank you in advance. Greets, Tobi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It looks as if you have already covered the obvious bases.

Does the user have full read/write ("change" ?) permissions for the TEMP
folder?

Is this by any chance in a Terminal Services environment? Does it make
any difference if the permissions for the TEMP are set up so that
"Everyone" can access it?

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk