Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
intwtl intwtl is offline

Default Word 2007 Mail Merge Email File Attachment

Using Outlook 2007 and Word 2007 Mail Merge.

How to attach a file to the message ?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See the article prepared by fellow MVP Doug Robbins at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

intwtl wrote:
Using Outlook 2007 and Word 2007 Mail Merge.

How to attach a file to the message ?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
intwtl intwtl is offline

Thanks Graham,

It looks like alot of time and effort went into the article and macro.
Somewhat daunting for the average person.

I found a nice program that will do what I need (and possible the majority
of others) as far as adding attachments he

http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/mail_merge/

I tried it in Word 2007 with Outlook 2007 and it works well.

I find the only 2 items lacking in the mail merge of Word 2007 for email (at
least for myself) is:

1) inability to add attachments (solved with the mapilab program)

2) inability to choose recipients from Outlook using the Categories (ie:
just click on what Outlook contact categories you want to send to. The
workaround is to make a new contacts folder in Outlook and copy the contacts
from the desired categorie/s into that folder and select it when Word asks
to select the recipients.

If MS would put these facilities into Word (or for that matter if a 3rd
party would write an add-on) to do these it would be great. Well,,, so much
for wishes.

Thanks again,

GR

intwtl wrote:
Using Outlook 2007 and Word 2007 Mail Merge.

How to attach a file to the message ?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I will look into the mapilab add-in, but until I do - see
http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

intwtl wrote:
Using Outlook 2007 and Word 2007 Mail Merge.

How to attach a file to the message ?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
intwtl intwtl is offline

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have the option in Outlook 2007 for the Tools"Mail Merge". Wasn't
this taken out of OL 2007 ?

If not, how can I get it back on my menu ?

I used that option many times in 2003 and was dissapointed when I did not
find it in OL 2007.

Please confirm.

intwtl wrote:
Using Outlook 2007 and Word 2007 Mail Merge.

How to attach a file to the message ?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
intwtl intwtl is offline

Graham,

Well, I have taken my head out of my A-- and realized I was not looking in
the menu when in Contacts. You are (as usual) correct, the mail merge
facility is there.

That being proven, the only item I see that needs to be corrected for the
majority of users in Word 2007 mail merge is the ability to attach items to
the email merge.

Thanks again,

GR