Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
miraccav miraccav is offline

Default Can I convert tables in a Word document to an Excel worksheet?

how can I convert a Word document consisting mostly of tables into an Excel
format?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

"miraccav" wrote:

how can I convert a Word document consisting mostly of tables into an Excel
format?

You can try pasting the content of the Word document in Excel. If the
document is well structured and there are no merged cells in your tables, it
should be OK.

But to be safe, you should paste each table one by one and see what Excel
does with each table.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:12:02 -0800, miraccav
wrote:

how can I convert a Word document consisting mostly of tables into an Excel
format?

You can select an entire Word table (click in the table, then Table Select
Table, or click the little square with four arrowheads that appears at the top
left corner), copy it to the clipboard, and paste it into Excel. It will
automatically be separated into cells.

Non-table material doesn't behave so nicely -- it just drops into a single cell.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Although if the content contains common delimiters, such as a tab or
paragraph mark, it will separate the data.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton

What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs