Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Julie Julie is offline

Default Merge access into Word 2007

I have created a table in Word 2007 and merge it with information from a
table in access 07. One of the fields in access is a student gpa. When it
merges into the table in word it adds additional numbers. It does not do
this to all the records just a few. I can not see a pattern and don't
understand the problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Word is probably displaying the numbers in the way in which they are stored
in Access. You can force them to be displayed in a particular format in two
ways:

One is to use a select query in Access in which you use the Format()
function to control the format of the data.

The other is to use a formatting switch added to the merge field in Word.

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP