Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] gtw1000@aol.com is offline

Default Excel Table Import

I am attempting to import an Excel table into the appendix of my
document. I would love for it to keep the formatting that is in Excel
- unfortunately it is not. I have tried several different way of
selecting the table and inserting it, I have also tried to insert it
as an object. It is 105 rows and 6 columns fo data. The page will
fit nicely onto landscape legal size paper. I have created a section
break at the appendix and formatted the page to landscape legal with
extremely small margins. When I paste, or import the table, it shows
up in extremely tiny font (if there was a negative font I think I may
have found it) and does not split out to multiple pages. Any
suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

Have you tried, Paste Special, Formatted Text (RFT). This is the best option
I have found to bring over the spreadsheet with much of the formatting
incorporated.
Some do not, like Centre Vertical Alignment.
But at least it is a start.
DeanH

" wrote:

I am attempting to import an Excel table into the appendix of my
document. I would love for it to keep the formatting that is in Excel
- unfortunately it is not. I have tried several different way of
selecting the table and inserting it, I have also tried to insert it
as an object. It is 105 rows and 6 columns fo data. The page will
fit nicely onto landscape legal size paper. I have created a section
break at the appendix and formatted the page to landscape legal with
extremely small margins. When I paste, or import the table, it shows
up in extremely tiny font (if there was a negative font I think I may
have found it) and does not split out to multiple pages. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

" wrote:
I am attempting to import an Excel table into the appendix of my
document. *I would love for it to keep the formatting that is in Excel
- unfortunately it is not. *I have tried several different way of
selecting the table and inserting it, I have also tried to insert it
as an object. *It is 105 rows and 6 columns fo data. *The page will
fit nicely onto landscape legal size paper. *I have created a section
break at the appendix and formatted the page to landscape legal with
extremely small margins. *When I paste, or import the table, it shows
up in extremely tiny font (if there was a negative font I think I may
have found it) and does not split out to multiple pages. *Any
suggestions?- Hide quoted text -

Thank you very much Dean. I knew there was a simple way to do this
and it was escaping me. It did a fairly nice job of maintaining the
formatting. I will have to adjust the column widths a little bit but
that is easy enough.

Import from Excel pdberger Mailmerge 2 July 3rd 07 03:22 PM
can't import fields in Excel having spaces to my Access table neb Microsoft Word Help 4 September 4th 06 03:58 PM
How do you import an Excel table into Word without losing format? C. Van Dam Tables 1 August 29th 06 05:50 AM
import from excel Prakash Mistry Tables 5 April 22nd 05 07:01 PM
Import Excel sheet John Taylor Page Layout 3 March 7th 05 09:04 AM