Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Gary Gary is offline

Default Multiple item entry into Drop Down Lists

I'm building forms. I have drop down lists with 125 items. Is there a way
to add them all at one entry, a copy and paste approach, or do I have do each
one as a separate add?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If you're using dropdown form fields, you can't add more than 25 items,
either one at a time or in groups. The workaround is to make a userform
containing a combo box or a list box, and display the userform on entry to a
text form field. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306258.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

gary wrote:
I'm building forms. I have drop down lists with 125 items. Is there
a way to add them all at one entry, a copy and paste approach, or do
I have do each one as a separate add?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Gary,

AFAIK, unless you have a list somewhere that you could process via a macro, you'll have to add the entries one at a time.

--
Cheers
macropod

"gary" wrote in message ...
I'm building forms. I have drop down lists with 125 items. Is there a way
to add them all at one entry, a copy and paste approach, or do I have do each
one as a separate add?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Gary Gary is offline

First I'm using Word 2007 which I should have mentioned in the first post. I
managed to work out most of this but I'm still short on getting the data
entered. I have the text field form established but can't seem to get the
data inserted. Since I did this with 2007 I did it similar but not
necessarily the same as the 2002 instructions. Is there something I've
missed or done incorrectly?

gary wrote:
I'm building forms. I have drop down lists with 125 items. Is there
a way to add them all at one entry, a copy and paste approach, or do
I have do each one as a separate add?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Word 2007 has a new kind of dropdown, one of the new content controls. Did you
use the button whose tooltip says "Drop-Down List" (that's a content control) or
the dropdown from the Legacy Controls button?

The answer will determine how to proceed. You can add all the items to a
dropdown content control with a macro (although that will need more details
about where you have the information now, and where in the form to find the
content control). If it's a legacy dropdown, no more than 25 items can be added
to it, no matter what method you try; you would need a userform as I said
before.