Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
perplexed perplexed is offline

Default Borders appear on wrong cells

Using Office 2003 Word
I have a table with split and merged cells. When I highlight a cell and
apply a border setting, the cell next to it or the entire row above will be
affected. When I go to remove the border on the wrong cell or row, it
removes all borders in the entire table or the cells I just tried to put
borders on.
Any ideas? I thought that the solution to a previous problem with graphics
not printing would help (rows cannot be set to "exact" size) and it did in
the first page of tables, but when I went to the second page, the problem
still persisted.

Any ideas?