Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
szatkoff szatkoff is offline

Default Cross Reference Not Updating

We are using heading styles to do our paragraph numbering. It would appear
the if I have a cross reference in a paragraph and place the cursor at the
beginning of the paragraph to create a new paragraph number that I cannot
update the cross reference. If I place the cursor at the bottom of the
preceding paragraph and press enter to get a new paragraph number, then the
cross reference will update.

Please advise.

TIA,

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
szatkoff szatkoff is offline

Thanks for the link.

I would like to know if placing the cursor at the beginning breaks the
cross-reference is by design or a bug?

Regards,

Steve

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote: