any free downloads for Word 2000 or 2002?

Old April 2nd 05, 06:45 AM
Sanlalib

Default any free downloads for Word 2000 or 2002?

I currently have Windows XP on my computer and don't like using the Works
documents. I really liked Word 2000 and can't find any where on Microsoft web
site where I can download it for free or even buy it as a stand alone program.
If anyone knows how I can do this I would greatly appreciate the info.
Thanks.
Old April 2nd 05, 08:13 AM
Graham Mayor

There have been two versions of Word since 2000. The only way to get that
version is to buy old stock or second hand e.g. from eBay.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old April 2nd 05, 03:50 PM

All versions of Word are commercial software; you cannot download them free,
though there is a free trial offer for Office 2003. The cheapest way to get
Word is as part of Works Suite 2005, which includes Word 2002, Works 8,
Encarta 2005, Money 2005, PictureIt! Premium 10, and Streets & Trips 2005.
See http://www.microsoft.com/products/wo...s.aspx?pid=001