Print individual page in book fold

Old July 3rd 05, 03:10 AM
AnnetteClements

Default Print individual page in book fold

I have a 28 page booklet that I printed out successfully. I had no problem
printing the entire booklet. However, I found a error on page 23 and after
the correction was made I tried to print only the sheet with page 23. I
followed the instructions given with MS but was unsuccessful. I tried more
than one way. The only page that would print correctly was when I printed
page 1. The system printed the entire sheet correctly with page 1 and page
28 on one side and page 2, and page 27 on the other. Page 1 is the only
page that would work correctly. When I entered other page numbers is would
print everything but the page I requested. I tried manual duplex and normal
pageset. Nothing else worked. When I tried to print page 2 only a b lank
sheet came out of the printer. When I asked for page 9 it printed page 24 on
one sheet and page 23 on another sheet. I tried in more ways than I have
listed but was unsuccessful in all printouts. Some printed out pages other
the page I requested or it printed out only blank sheets. Is there a process
that I have not been able to figure out on my own?
Old July 3rd 05, 06:40 AM

You've put your finger on the reason I quickly gave up on "Book fold" as a
feature that was not quite ready for prime time. I still use the method
described at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm. It's not as
automatic, but it's much more flexible and controllable.

"AnnetteClements" wrote in
message ...

Old July 5th 05, 01:18 AM
AnnetteClements

Thank you for your suggestions. I have tried ClickBook by Blue Squirrel and
it is a pretty good program, except there is a small fee for the program. I
was trying to avoid downloading and paying for a another program. Of course
I was thrilled when I found book fold in my MS Word Program. I'll try your
other options and let you know how they work. I really am disappointed that
there are kinks in the book fold feature. But I learned a good lesson. I
know the next time I produce a book in MS Word I need to make sure there are
no errors or changes that need to be made before printing. HA! HA!