Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Louisq Louisq is offline

Default Formatting for Currency

Dear Community,
If you are using Tabs to set up tab-align in a document, you still have to
put a currency symbol before the data. Is there a way to format this column
so it would have a currency formatting.
I tried to do this using a table instead of tabs but I still could not find
a way to format a column in a table so that the dollar signs show without
having to type them.
I am looking for something similar to Excel, where you could select
formatting, currency.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Sorry - In a spreadsheet the formatting is a property of the *cell* to which
you apply it. Not so in a word processing document. Even though the
'rectangles' in a Table are referred to as 'cells' they really aren't the
same thing.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/12/06 2:28 PM, in article
, "Louisq"
wrote:

Dear Community,
If you are using Tabs to set up tab-align in a document, you still have to
put a currency symbol before the data. Is there a way to format this column
so it would have a currency formatting.
I tried to do this using a table instead of tabs but I still could not find
a way to format a column in a table so that the dollar signs show without
having to type them.
I am looking for something similar to Excel, where you could select
formatting, currency.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FateWineRoses FateWineRoses is offline

"Louisq" wrote:

Dear Community,
If you are using Tabs to set up tab-align in a document, you still have to
put a currency symbol before the data. Is there a way to format this column
so it would have a currency formatting.
I tried to do this using a table instead of tabs but I still could not find
a way to format a column in a table so that the dollar signs show without
having to type them.
I am looking for something similar to Excel, where you could select
formatting, currency.

You could insert an Excel workbook into your doc and use that.
(InsertObject) You should be able to do what you want there. What kind of
doc is it? I mean, what is it going to be used for? While you see all of
the cell info (column/row info, etc) when you work on the Excel workbook in
your doc, once you click somewhere else in your doc you will only see what
looks like a table and the cell borders don't show unless you put the
formatting in . . .

Just a thought. Not sure if it would work for your purposes. Hope that
helps in some way.