Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default 2nd page header is wrong size

I've made a letterhead template. Different first page header has my
letterhead. It's a combination of 14, 12, and 10 point type. Works
fine.

The other page headers show the page number and the date. They show
up in 14 point size.

I cannot figure out how to change the template so that the headers on
pages 2+ show up in 12 point size.

Help!??

Awaiting your responses with baited breath, I remain, yours truly,
*((( ~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

As soon as you've enabled the "Different first page" option in File |
Page Setup, the main document header could be differently formatted
from the first header. In other words, just select the text in the
main header and specify the desired size. Alternatively, you can apply
a different style (with the desired formatting) to the main header
text.

Since you are designing a template, you may have to temporarily insert
a page break, so that you can see all headers (and footers). When you
are done editing, just delete the page break and save the template.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"*(((" wrote in message
I've made a letterhead template. Different first page header has my
letterhead. It's a combination of 14, 12, and 10 point type. Works
fine.

The other page headers show the page number and the date. They show
up in 14 point size.

I cannot figure out how to change the template so that the headers

on
pages 2+ show up in 12 point size.

Help!??

Awaiting your responses with baited breath, I remain, yours truly,
*((( ~~~

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

It's possible that the Header style has been updated to 14-point type. Make
sure the style is correct, then either apply direct formatting to just the
First Page Header or use different styles in that header.