How do I alphabetize labels

Old March 28th 07, 02:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
slcctracy

Default How do I alphabetize labels

I would like to type 200 addresses and would like to be able to alphabetize
them as I add and delete addresses. How can I do this?
Thanks!
Old March 28th 07, 02:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Simon Jones [MSDL]

Type the addresses in a table.
Word 2007: Table Tools | Layout | Sort
Previous versions: Table | Sort...

Simon Jones

Old March 28th 07, 03:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_]

If you don't have some sort of a database, they will end up being sorted by
whatever the very first word is on your labels. That could mean that Mr.
Stanley Smith comes before Acme Printing.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Old March 28th 07, 06:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm then

Word will not automatically sort anything. You will have to maintain the
data file and sort that as you add and remove entries before merging the
revised data.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com