tony

Default Currency in merge from Excel

Excel data source contains a column with currency values (e.g. $10,000).
When used as data source for merge in Word, merge results in 10000. Loses
all currency formatting. We can add $ character, naturally, but how to get
the commas in there??? Better yet, how about, "How do you get Word to import
currency as currency, so you don't have to add a bunch of formatting that
should already be there???" Any thoughts / help much apprciated.
Beth Melton

You can add a numeric switch to the mail merge field or use a
different method to connect to your Excel data source that will also
carry over the formats. Go to Tools/Options/General and turn on
"Confirm conversion at open". Then select your Excel data source again
and when prompted use the DDE method instead of OLE DB.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/