Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
petlover petlover is offline

Default Form creation problems

1. In a form I would like to put an autofill field that will insert the date
the form was filled in. But when it is emailed to me and I open it, I do not
want the date to change to the day I opened the form(as it would if I used
insert/date time/ and clicked update automatically)
2. without using excel, can I create a field in a form that will give me an
age in years? I need to know the difference in years between the day the form
was filled out and the birthdate listed in a field in the form. I would like
this to automatically populate (like form filled out: June 27, 2007;
birthdate list in another field is 6/27/2000; age field automatically
populates to 7). This would involve 3 fields: today's date; birthdate; and
age fields....if this is possible what would that formula be?
3. I used the forms toolbar to insert check boxes into the form- but when I
practiced filling out the form I cannot get the check box to fill as I click
on it- in fact I cannot click on the check box- I can only click 1 space
before it or 1 space after it.

I am in the process of reading Computer Companion 'please fill out this
form' to see if my questions are answered- but a quick read thru did not seem
to address the particular requests I have
thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

1. In a form I would like to put an autofill field that will insert the
date
the form was filled in. But when it is emailed to me and I open it, I do
not
want the date to change to the day I opened the form(as it would if I used
insert/date time/ and clicked update automatically)

Can you incorporate a CREATEDATE field? For that to work, the user would
have to create a new form from a Word template (i.e. use File|New to select
a template and create a document from it, or perhaps double-click on a Word
..dot tempate file from within Windows Explorer, because CREATEDATE shows the
date on which the .doc was created.

2. without using excel, can I create a field in a form that will give me
an
age in years? I need to know the difference in years between the day the
form
was filled out and the birthdate listed in a field in the form. I would
like
this to automatically populate (like form filled out: June 27, 2007;
birthdate list in another field is 6/27/2000; age field automatically
populates to 7). This would involve 3 fields: today's date; birthdate; and
age fields....if this is possible what would that formula be?

I may be wrong, but I don't think you would be able to do that using a
formula within a Word Online Form, unless you incorporate a number of
ordinary fields that use - for example - macropod's date field
calculations - see e.g.

http://www.wopr.com/w3tfiles/10-249902-DateCalc.zip

you would have to have a macro that updated those fields. But if you have to
have a macro, it would probably be simpler to do the necessary date
calculation using Word VBA and insert the result (somehow or other) into
your form.

3. I used the forms toolbar to insert check boxes into the form- but when
practiced filling out the form I cannot get the check box to fill as I
click
on it- in fact I cannot click on the check box- I can only click 1 space
before it or 1 space after it.

No idea what is happening there!

Peter Jamieson