Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lilbit

Default Why Can't I Group My Textboxes?

I have several textboxes that I would like to group as one. However, when
I select the textboxes and click on Group, the resulting dropdown area is
grayed out. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be? Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Hi Lilbit-

My first guess would be that one or more of your Text Boxes is not on the
same page as the others. You cannot group objects unless they are on the same
page.

Another consideration is that Text boxes set to In Line with Text cannot be
grouped with any other text boxes... but then again you should not even be
able to multiple-select text boxes if some are InLine & others have Text
Wrapping applied.

If this isn't the problem, make sure you specify what version of Word as
well as any additional details you can provide

"Lilbit" wrote:

I have several textboxes that I would like to group as one. However, when
I select the textboxes and click on Group, the resulting dropdown area is
grayed out. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be? Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lilbit

Thanks for responding. While none of the possible problems you discussed
applied to my document, your mention of the version of Word led me to
think that perhaps the version of Word used to create the document is not
the same as the version I was using. I recreated the textboxes, copied
the text, and now it works. Thanks very much!!