Sam

Default Capitalizing the right words in the titles in bibliographies

Hello,

I have a 20 page bibliography. Right now, only the first word of the title
of all of the entries is capitalized. According to the style guide, all
words (except for 4-letter words and shorter words) in all titles ought to be
capitalized. I am wondering - is there a feature in Word where you select
text, and Word capitalizes the right words in the text? If not, is there at
least a feature where you select text, and Word capitalizes all of the words
in the selected text?

Thank you for your help!
Paul (ESI)

Highlight the text in question. Then, if you click "Format" then click
"Change Case," you will see several options. One of those is called Title
case, and sounds close to what you are talking about (it doesn't know not to
capitalize words like And). This will, at least, get it mostly right and
leave you many less changes to make.

--
Have a nice day!

~Paul
Express Scripts,
Charting the future of pharmacy

"Sam" wrote:

Hello,

I have a 20 page bibliography. Right now, only the first word of the title
of all of the entries is capitalized. According to the style guide, all
words (except for 4-letter words and shorter words) in all titles ought to be
capitalized. I am wondering - is there a feature in Word where you select
text, and Word capitalizes the right words in the text? If not, is there at
least a feature where you select text, and Word capitalizes all of the words
in the selected text?

Thank you for your help!

Paul (ESI)

Oh, I almost forgot something. If you do this, it may not get it perfectly
right (it will capitalize words like and or the), but grammar check may catch
the mistakes anyway, making it much easier for you to fix than going in and
manually capitalizing everything that is meant to be upper case.