showellsuk

Default I cannot open a Word 2003 created doc in Word 200!!!

It seesm that if the document was created in 2003 and saved with the multiple
pages view it can only be opened in 2003.

Does anyone know how to get around this, it is driving me nuts..

Thanks in Advance
later skaters
Steve
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?c2hvd2VsbHN1aw==?=,

It seesm that if the document was created in 2003 and saved with the multiple
pages view it can only be opened in 2003.

What is the "multiple pages view"? If you don't know, describe the steps you use
to get there.

I've worked with Word since version 2.0. The available views have changed only
twice. Once to add the "Web view". And once to add "Reading Layout". As far as I
know, using either won't affect Word being able to open the document in another
version.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Steve,

If you're using View=Zoom=Many Pages (also available in
Print Preview) in Word 2003, I had no problem opening documents
from Word 2003 saved in that view in Word 2000.

I also tried saving a document with Word 2003's View=Thumbnails
and View=Reading Layout choices. Word 2000 opened them without
an issue.

Is this more than one document?

=======

--