Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Andy Andy is offline

Default How have 2 columns without using second column?

I am on XP Pro/SP2 with Office Pro 2003.

----

In Word I want to have two columns:

(1) I want the text of what was said at a meeting in the left (larger)
column.
(2) I want to put the odd comment in the right column.

Can I do this in Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

One option - Try using a 2-Column *Table* rather than newspaper-type Column
layout.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Andy" wrote in message
I am on XP Pro/SP2 with Office Pro 2003.

----

In Word I want to have two columns:

(1) I want the text of what was said at a meeting in the left (larger)
column.
(2) I want to put the odd comment in the right column.

Can I do this in Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Andy Andy is offline

On 07 Aug 2006, CyberTaztypegeneraltaz1ATcomcastdotnet wrote:

One option - Try using a 2-Column *Table* rather than
newspaper-type Column layout.

Bob Jones, [MVP] Office:Mac

Bob, a table makes for a lot of work skipping between cells because
the left side will be a transcript of what was said at a meeting
lasting 45 minutes.

Any other ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Andy Andy is offline

On 10 Aug 2006, Suzanne S. wrote:

Well, you could use my suggestion instead.

I'm getting lost here. Am not clear what your suggestion was.

I do not see any other posts by you to this thread.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hmm. Could have sworn I'd posted, but I think I was thinking of another
thread in which someone wanted a column of empty space for inserting
handwritten notes. I think you are trying to insert comments in the actual
Word document, though, so my article at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MarginalText.htm might offer a better
way.

"Andy" wrote in message
On 10 Aug 2006, Suzanne S. wrote:

Well, you could use my suggestion instead.

I'm getting lost here. Am not clear what your suggestion was.

I do not see any other posts by you to this thread.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bishop bishop is offline

Try using tables format, instead of columns. Just a suggestion. It might
work. I don't know about Publisher. I have never tried with that. I do go
to websites that have attachments and comments, but have never tried to
create them. It's worth a try in word. I just experiment until I find a
way. No manual will ever be able to answer any of our questions, except
simpliest -- unless you want to spend the rest of your life learning all the
updates that are supposed to be so useful.