Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
W. Watson

Default Won't Group

Well, this is odd. I have two halves of an ellipse, which I've matched up to
look like one ellipse. I can't group the two halves with Ctrl-click. If I
click on one, I see the little balls, including the yellow ones and the
green one. On the other one, it's the same but w/o the yellow balls.

BTW, are there names for the little balls? Grippers?

"When you think about it, electricity is
really just organized lightning." -- George Carlin

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
W. Watson

It appears this problem had something to do with how the items were ordered.
It's also easy to copy an item and have it place right on top of the copied
item. Also, when using transparent figures, it's possible to put some of
them under the canvas, it appears. All this makes for an interesting problem.

W. Watson wrote:

Well, this is odd. I have two halves of an ellipse, which I've matched
up to look like one ellipse. I can't group the two halves with
Ctrl-click. If I click on one, I see the little balls, including the
yellow ones and the green one. On the other one, it's the same but w/o
the yellow balls.

"When you think about it, electricity is
really just organized lightning." -- George Carlin

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Have you solved the grouping problem? If not, then click the Select Objects
tool on the drawing toolbar, draw a rectangle around the two objects to
select both, then right-click on either selected object. Does the Grouping -
Group choice appear now?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
nk.net...

W. Watson wrote:

Well, this is odd. I have two halves of an ellipse, which I've matched up
to look like one ellipse. I can't group the two halves with Ctrl-click.
If I click on one, I see the little balls, including the yellow ones and
the green one. On the other one, it's the same but w/o the yellow balls.

"When you think about it, electricity is
really just organized lightning." -- George Carlin

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
W. Watson

Herb Tyson [MVP] wrote:

Have you solved the grouping problem? If not, then click the Select Objects
tool on the drawing toolbar, draw a rectangle around the two objects to
select both, then right-click on either selected object. Does the Grouping -
Group choice appear now?

Yes. When one starts drawing in multilayers with transparencies, it's easy
to get into trouble. One of the weirder problems I had was that I was
drawing either below (possibly above) the canvas, but couldn't see that
until I moved the canvas.

"When you think about it, electricity is
really just organized lightning." -- George Carlin

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Herb Tyson [MVP]

The canvas was an interesting idea, but I never particularly liked it. So, I
turned it off and solved a lot of headaches (Tools - Options - General,
remove the check next to "Automatically create drawing canvas when inserting
AutoShapes").

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com